Frequently Asked Questions
You can place an introductory sentence or paragraph here, if you would like. Otherwise, just delete these two sentences.
What are your drop off hours?
Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm only
No after hour drop offs!
What do you accept?
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam
Expanded polyethylene (EPE) foam
LDPE film plastics, bubble wrap, stretch wrap
Flattened Cardboard boxes
Do you take hot tub covers?
We do not accept hot tub covers (no exceptions)
Where are you located?
23418 -68th Ave S. Kent. Business park “234”
(Just north of the Caveman Kitchen)
Does it cost to drop off Styrofoam?
It’s FREE to the public and business
How do I recycle it?
- First, sort and separate your foam material (removing all the tape, stickers and labels)
- Separate your materials (Styrofoam from your Polyethylene foam)
- Plastic wrap must be bagged separately
- Packaging peanuts must be bagged or boxed separately
- Make sure all your material is clean!
Do you accept Packaging peanuts?
Yes, they need to be bagged or boxed separately from other materials
What does it cost for a pickup?
Simply go to “New customer” on our website and request a quote, this charge is mostly based on your location. A reply will come with 24 – 48 hour
How do I know I have the right material you accept?
There are phots on our website, you can also google EPS & EPE foam in “google images” to see different types of pictures.
Also look for the #6 or #4 on the foam material
What don’t you accept?
- We do not accept any dirty, wet foam, any foam with tape stickers or labels.
- We do not accept “XPS” foam insulation (pink, blue or grey)
- We do not accept “Insta-paks” or any plastic wrapped spray in foams.
- We do not accept any “Hot tub covers”!
- We do not accept any foam with glued cardboard on it.
- We do not accept Comingled bags of materials (please separate your materials before dropping off)
What is “EPS”?
Expanded Polystyrene (commonly known as “Styrofoam”)
How do I recycle “Insta-pak” foam packaging?
- Remove the plastic film on the outside, recycle that then crumble the foam from inside and discard that in your trash.
What happens to the Styrofoam after I drop it off?
Our machine grinds it and then extrudes it out and we then form it into blocks making it easier to stack and ship.
How does it get recycled?
Once a load of 40,000/lbs of processed EPS material is produced it is sold to manufacturers to be made into plastics products.
What does EPS foam get turned into?
Picture frames, light switch & outlet covers, crown molding and some electronic cases.
How can I help my community with recycling Styrofoam?
Ask your local School, Church or Senior Center if that can collect foam from your community by hosting a drop off center.
Is there a limit to how much I can drop off?
- There is no limit for clean, dry foam material, just make sure you remove all tape, stickers and labels before dropping off.
How can I help keep this program going?
If you sort and separate your materials before dropping off, this will help keep our cost down allowing us to continue to providing this free service for the public.
NOTE: When we encounter co-mingled materials that we must separate this increases our cost forcing us to consider charging a fee for this drop off program.